As promised, I am sharing my meal plan for the week of January 18-22, 2016. I used to follow Kayla Itsines HELP guide strictly, but now I try to just eat 5 balanced meals + snacks per day and make food with healthy, nutritious ingredients.
I have found that I am personally more capable of sticking to an eating plan when I am not straying too far from my “normal.” With time, I will continue to add in more exotic foods and probably eat a little bit more clean, but for now I am just trying to get back into the swing of things with a plan that I know I can maintain.
I have included graphics of my meal plan for this week below, and I am highlighting a few of the recipes that I am cooking for dinner here:
- MONDAY: Fresh Tomato and Ricotta Whole Wheat Pasta
- TUESDAY: Fajita Quesadillas (I don’t use beans in mine, but this is a similar enough recipe. I just wing it and don’t really have a set recipe, oops!)
- WEDNESDAY: Portabella Mushroom Chicken, served over 1/2 cup of brown rice with a side of steamed broccoli.
- THURSDAY: -OUT TO EAT-
- FRIDAY: Bone in pork chops (cooked on George Forman grill with salt and pepper), asparagus & mushrooms, and a baked potato
We are attending a dinner with friends on Thursday night and have an engagement party to attend on Saturday night which is why I have not included meals for those days.
For lunch, I will be having Chicken Quinoa Salad. This is simple to prepare ahead of time and really delicious:
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions (you’ll want to make enough to have 1.5-2 cups of cooked quinoa). Place in food-safe container.
- Cut chicken breast into small cubes and cook over the stovetop until cooked through. Place in container with quinoa and store in fridge.
- To prepare – warm 1/4-1/2 cup of chicken & quinoa in microwave or on stove top. In a bowl, place 2 cups spring mix lettuce and top with quinoa/chicken mixture. Sprinkle the salad with sliced almonds and feta cheese. Place a dollop of plain hummus on top as the dressing.
I do my grocery shopping on Sundays and that is when my new week starts over, so I probably need to edit my planning sheets to run Sunday-Saturday!
Full Meal Plan Below:
Here is a grocery list that includes everything you will need for the above meal plan. Feel free to print off and add your other household items and hit the grocery store!